CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Arrested…. Was it Troy or Bekah? Well lets just say both of our driving records remain intact and we have not been put behind bars due to our sleeping angels in the back seat, but having Bekah pulling up with the police lady in the car announcing that she was arresting my wife was a rather humorous situation.

After a successful weekend of navigating around Nairobi and visiting the Bussell’s we had only one errand left, to try and get a few items from the local market for our house. Our car, which I had remarked the night before how much I was liking for its sturdiness, promptly ( within 20 seconds of the remark) had the front window mechanics break. So the following day with a window stuck in the down position and two sleeping kids we think this is a great time to shop but we have to do it from the car. Well it worked, they brought the merchandise and we bought until we had to get out of the car to barter. I passed the drivers seat to Bekah so she could just leave if things got too crazy. It was a waiting game and the car was very hot so Bekah drove around in circles. After about four circles she was done, I was unsuccessful at getting a Kenyan price and not the Mzungu price (foreigner specifically white) so I grabbed our stuff waiting for her to surface. Finally after what seemed a longer time then would take to drive the loop I see the car and then see a Kenyan in the passengers seat. I was perplexed trying to figure out why she let a vendor get in the car, so I flag her down and she is pointing toward the other direction but finally pulls up for me to get in. I then realize the white uniformed shirt and hat was not a normal passenger but a police lady. She rolls the window down and says “I am arresting your wife.” I reply well that’s not good because we are suppose to leave for Nakuru. I ask what bekah has done to be arrested and apparently she crossed illegally during a U turn and needed to be sentenced and ticketed the next day. Well with the excuse of no money to give and sleeping children that would not allow that she decided that these Mzungus were not giving in and let us free to go. Bekah whisked us down the street where I took over and took us back to Nakuru where the rest of the trip was uneventful and the window could be fixed with out hassle. So Bekah’s slipped through the cuffs of the Kenyan jail and the rest of our journeys while bumpy and stop and go have been safe in the beautiful hands of our Lord. Oh those small things make life so different and yet still fun for us. Just thought I would share so you can give her a bad time about it next time you talk to her.

3 comments:

Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mom said...

ARRESTED! Thank you Lord for protecting this little family in so many ways:-)

RebeccaJoy said...

haha, that is quite funny. My dad was arrested in Kenya too and he actually spent the day in jail(he had an expired road license and was on the way to get it fixed and they arrested him).
In case you are wondering, I am Rebecca Ulrich, the daughter of CVM missionaries Tim and Paula Ulrich and we are currently in South Africa but we spent two years in Uganda with trips all the time to Kenya. I read your prayer letters and feel like I know you even though we have never met.
Blessings and you are in our prayers.